Wednesday, August 12, 2015

My Pioneer Trek Day 19

Thursday, August 6, 2015

We packed up and dropped Gunnar off at the airport.  It was fun to take him to the gate and watch him manage the process pretty much on is own. The airline requires that minors be accompanied so I had an excuse to see him off.  After that, Monte and I went to see my Aunt Billie Ann.  She has had some serious health concerns but is on the mend.  It was so much fun to visit with her.

Next, we headed for Grand Junction, CO where we hoped to meet up with our daughter Brenda and her husband and children.  As it turned out, she was off in Washington helping fight fires.  However, in Price we passed a sign advertising a dinosaur museum.  I said "that looks like fun" and Monte headed off the road!!  He is humoring me and I love it.  This was a very cool museum.




We were able to meet Derek and Xavey and Daevius for dinner in Grand Junction.  It was a fun meal.  Then we had ice cream after.  I discovered that Cold Stone Creamery has HUGE servings.  I'm sure glad I didn't order the large!!  I really wish I'd taken pictures of Derek and the kids but I didn't.  We still built a memory - I hope.




No comments: