Tuesday, August 11, 2015

My Pioneer Trek Day 16 & 17

Monday, August 3, 2015
I had the blessing of spending some quality time with my nephew Gunnar.  We left Lake Tahoe, headed for Salt Lake City, at 6:30 A.M.  I have to note that I am one of those people who prefers to get up early and get going and am sometimes impatient when others react negatively to this expectation.  Some of my children will attest to this flaw in my character.  Gunnar is a typical teenager.  He likes to sleep.  He was, however, ready and chipper at 6 AM.  There was none of the surliness I have sometimes experienced with teens expected to be awake in the early morning.  We rolled out, stopped at Safeway for junk food and drinks and by the time we got to Carson Gunnar had gone back to sleep!  ;-)  It was, in my opinion, the best of both worlds.  We got to spend time together, I got to listen to a book on tape and Gunnar was happy.  He did wake up after lunch (where we had a conversation about baseball) to watch some "The Big Bang Theory" on the DVD player.
 We went to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner.  Gunnar was pretty happy with his food!  I ordered my favorite fried pickles - so everybody was happy.

 Tuesday, August 4, 2015

My niece's wedding was scheduled for Wednesday but she and her fiance had arranged a get together at Lagoon for their observance of a bachelor/ette party.  I dropped Gunnar off at the gate, handed him over to the care of his cousins, and went shopping...  Yay!!  Everybody got their way again.  I like this plan.  Around 7 PM Gunnar texted me that he was ready to come home.  He had all of this stuff in his arms when I picked him up.  Looks like he had fun!  My only thought was how in heck are you going to get all that stuff into your tiny suitcase to get on a plane.  "Oh ye of little faith!"  He even managed to get the basketball into the suitcase!  

No comments: