Saturday, July 25, 2015

My Pioneer Trek Day 5 - Udy's House

I have to begin this post with a clarification.  Brenda did not refer to herself as a firefighter.  She is a dispatcher who has had some experience in the field and hopes for more.  In my head as she talked it is a team effort and so I clumped the whole team together as firefighters because those who actually deal with the fire can't do the job without the other members of that team.  My sweet, honest girl wanted to be sure I don't misrepresent what she does.  ;-)

Cookie, overseeing my progress
Now - for day 5 of my Trek.  It was a quiet day.  I was able to catch up with some reading and some writing I need to be working on.  I had help.

 Daevius and I had a chance to hang out a little while he supervised the dogs.  It was fun to talk about his favorite things to do.  Then in the evening Daevius and I went Geocaching together.  My phone died before we could find the cache but Daevius was patient about it and I met one of his friends - a bonus!
These two sweet girls also have kept me company while I visited.  Mazzie (sp?) and Tippers made sure to keep a close eye on all of my activities.  Even to the point that Mazzie began acting protective of me. I feel so loved
 I had fun "helping" Derek make German Chocolate Cupcakes in honor of his twin's birthday.  It seems that this is one of his favorites.  The bone truth is that aside from giving lots of opinionated advice, I didn't help at all.  The cupcakes were delicious and completely vegan.  I can't wait to make some at home.  Derek's brother and his daughter (and the dog) arrived for a visit.  Dustin is every bit as friendly and welcoming as Derek is.  I think it is their upbringing.  I have met their mother.


 Brenda made spring rolls. They were awesome and I was even able to be a little helpful with those since I make them at home as well.  It was one of the wonderful moments when the mom has a chance to learn some things from her grown up daughter.  I learned a few tips for ingredients I'd never thought of.  Brenda likes sweet potatoes in spring rolls - yum.  And I sincerely hope I can duplicate her peanut sauce recipe.




No comments: