Tuesday, July 21, 2015

My Pioneer Trek Day 2 & 3

     Monday morning. . .  I left Nebraska and headed for Colorado with a cooler full of pop, a bag of junk food, and a new audio book to listen to.  I may be nearing Nirvana now!!

I was struck by the abrupt change in terrain when I crossed the border into Colorado thinking how it went from green to brown but by the time I had begun to climb into the Rocky Mountains I was experiencing some serious nostalgic recall.



Mountains! and pine trees!

I spent the greater part of my school years living in Lake Tahoe.  This felt like coming home.  These pictures are Vail.


Then it started to rain.  It has been a very long time since I navigated curvy mountain roads so the added "challenge" of rain was nerve wracking. But I managed to get to Paonia safe and sound.



 Tuesday, Xavey and Daevius played tour guide.  We did a brief walking tour of Paonia.





We started with "church street".  Not the name of the street but since several churches reside within a couple of blocks it is an apt description.  My favorite was the "Castle Church".
It started to rain along the way so we headed for the Library.  Then Brenda and Derek got worried and delivered umbrellas to the library we wouldn't get wet.  I swear they are waiting on me hand and foot - no complaints ;-)

Then Brenda and Derek made Pho (Vietnamese soup)- yummy and wrapped up the day with a Transformers movie with Daevius.

No comments: