Saturday, January 30, 2010

Friends

Some people collect friends. It is a gift I don't posses. Don't get me wrong, this entry is not going to be a "poor me, nobody likes me" wallow. As a matter of fact, what's on my mind this morning is how well I have done in making good friends despite my poor skills in the area. A couple of weekends ago I spent Saturday morning playing around with paper in my craft room and decided while I did to check out facebook to see what was going on. It turned out that my friend Sue was facebooking at the same time. We got into a 2 hour long chat online. (Doesn't the internet rock!!) We talked about everything from crafts to family to ancestry and our faith. Sue has always been like that. She and her husband Mike used to be our Saturday night card/game buddies when my children were small. We played Pinochle, Spades, Risk, and Trivial Pursuit. Once, we took a trip together to Mike & Sue's hometown in Idaho. We played Trivial Pursuit over CB radios the whole trip! Sue's children were friends with my children so that when we did get together everyone seemed to have a good time. After we moved away from Winnemucca Sue kept in touch. I'm terrible at that but she is always willing to forgive and forget and when we do manage to connect again it seems like we can just pick up where we left off. Sue is the kind of friend who just seems to encourage you to be better.

Sue isn't the only good friend I have, however, just the one with the most history. I'm lucky to have good friends I work with and friends at church all of whom seem to basically forgive my antisocial ways. I'd list them but I'd be bound to forget someone and run the risk of hurting someone's feelings. You know who you are. ;)

Okay Sue, if you are reading this here is the card I made at your suggestion while we were talking. Thanks for the idea.

No comments: