Friday, January 8, 2010

Change is Good

Another decade down and a lot has changed since the end of the 20th century.

I am an empty nester.
Some of my children have children.
I finished school.
My best friend is going back to school.
I have a job that I love.
My body does not work like it did in the last century.
We moved to Minnesota.
My son served a mission.
My husband decided against having hair.
My hair decided it is curly - and some of it is gray.
We adopted a cat.
I taught seminary for 6 years
I taught Primary for 2 years
I changed schools (my place of employment) 3 times in 4 years.

Today I spent more than an hour with administrators from our district talking about major changes to take place at the school where I work. I know in my heart that change is good but I can't help wishing next year would be easy enough to skate. But then I'd get bored. Some people are never happy with the grass on their side of the fence.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That is a great list. As I get older my hair gets curlier, too..is that a word?