Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Softball Season

Monte's softball team had their first game of the season last night.  They won - by a lot.  If I weren't a lady I'd phrase it another way.  In the past few years I have neglected these games.  I've had lots of excuses but this year I'm determined to attend most of them.  It was really fun to sit in the fresh air and visit with all of the fans.  It is a "church" league, meaning all of the teams are from a different church.  This makes for fun discussions in the spectator section because nobody gets so competitive that it overrides their Christlike attitude (usually).  I could sit and groan with the other side's fans when our team scored their 20th run, and as my husband threw the ball to first base for a really pretty double play I could say "that one's my hubby" without fear of getting my ears boxed.  It was fun - more to follow.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I keep wishing they would get a coed team...but doesn't look like that will happen. I miss playing softball. Maybe we will have to come and watch sometime. ARe the bugs out yet?

memories by Jan said...

No bugs last week.