Friday, November 21, 2008

Holidays

For the first time in years I'm getting excited about the holidays. I don't know exactly what has caused this uplift but I'm especially grateful for it. Maybe it has taken me just shy of 10 years to resign myself to not being close to my children during the holidays. For the past few years, Monte and I have gone to Utah for Christmas. Sometimes flying in on Christmas eve and home 2 days later, and I love those trips, but they don't quite cover it. Okay, I know that my happiness during the holidays can't be dependent on someone else's actions, but this is probably why I've been doing the scrooge thing. Anyway, this year I'm excited. I'm planning a Christmas party. One of the things I miss about the Christmas season with my kids is the gingerbread houses we used to build. So-o I've invited all my nieces and nephews to my house to decorate gingerbread houses. Wyatt and Willa (who live next door) have been at my house for the past 2 nights helping me make and bake gingerbread. We have doused the kitchen in flour repeatedly and I'm having a blast.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Boo... we say you should come to Utah for Christmas again. :)