Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Early Christmas Here, too

Well, Monte and Jan must have been very good this year. Santa has delivered two round trip tickets to Salt Lake City to visit our children and grandchildren. I know I said that this trip "just didn't cover it" but I didn't mean that the way it sounded. Besides, I was afraid we weren't going to be able to make it this year - grounds for depression. The point is that I seem to be able to have my cake and eat it too this year (a cake decorator's favorite euphemism). I get to have a gingerbread party with the Oelkers' clan and then go to Utah and make every possible effort to completely spoil my grandchildren. What could be better? Also, we have been coveting a flat screen TV for years. Santa delivered a 40" TV last night. Woo hoo.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

YAY! WE ARE SO EXCITED! When are you coming? We can't wait for you to see Ben. He is so much more fun than the last time you guys saw him! Also, Bill wants to know if you guys need an employee discount for a hotel room. Apparently, during that time they are offering 1/2 off the associate rate for parents and employees...

Nicole said...

Hope you guys have fun on your trip, it sounds like a great Christmas!