Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Summer Fun

Well, I've been having a great time with my summer.  I dragged out the boxes of pictures of my children that I've neglected for 30 years and have been sorting through them.  I'm having a blast. I noticed, however, that I have to be careful about how long I spend going through them.  I tend to get melancholy.  I start to miss my children so much, and then I start to think about things "I wish I'd done differently".  Not productive, let me tell you.  The best part of the whole thing is that I've gone to a couple of crops at Archivers and done a few scrapbook pages AND I've scanned a bunch of pictures and posted them to an online file.  I feel so good about this.  It means that the pictures are safe from destruction, (a lot of pictures were lost in the fire in '91) and it provides a chance for my kids to enjoy them.  They certainly haven't done anyone any good sitting in those boxes.  Bill and Stephanie taught me how to do a video conference so we've been able to do a couple of those and visit with my grandbabies.  Seriously fun.  Technology ROCKS!  Anyway.  the other thing I've been doing with my summer is tending my garden and canning the proceeds. The garden is a mess the weeds have completely taken over the herb sections and the pumpkins are literally growing right through the gate and across the lawn!  Monte keeps saying "just cut it back, we only need ONE pumpkin anyway.  Far too late for that and I'm fascinated by the thing.  It's really amazing.  The cucumbers and zucchini are producing well, too.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Isn't web-chatting fun? I've been doing that with my parents and it's been working well for keeping in touch. I like your scrapbook pages. I agree that it feels really good to get pictures into a safer, more permanent place than boxes. I'm trying to stay ahead of the curve with Ethan.

memories by Jan said...

You are a good mom.