Sunday, December 13, 2009

Random Gratitude

Here are just a few of the things I'm grateful for tonight - this list is long but certainly not exhaustive.
Yesterday we attended our ward Christmas party. It was a breakfast and service project and was more fun than it sounds like even though I was having an RA day. The food was good, the decorations were sweet, and I looked around and realized anew how much I really like those people.
After the ward party AnnaMae and I went shopping at Michael's - serious fun! I bought a bunch of stuff I needed to finish up my Christmas presents. We scurried home by way of the grocery store and got ready for Monte's annual YMs presidency Christmas party. I love those get-togethers. The faces have changed over the years Monte has served as Young Men's President but the laughter and fun has not. The best part is that Fatima has found a new home (don't ask).

I woke up this morning and didn't hurt.

I sat in Sacrament meeting at church watching the young men and their leaders providing that sacred service. Every Sunday I'm struck by what a sweet feeling it is to watch the white shirted warriors reverently offer each person there a chance to renew, repent and reflect.

Monte has built a fire in the fireplace and we are spending the evening watching sappy Christmas movies. There is good food leftover from the party so I don't have to cook. I have a job to go to tomorrow that I love (most days), and I have a vehicle to drive to said employment. We are all set to go to Utah after Christmas to see our children and grandchildren and my husband and mother-in-law (bless them) decorated the house and set up the tree.

Life is still good.

No comments: