Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I love my job, again

In the past several weeks my job has given me fits. I have had multiple deadlines and a particularly volatile student reaching crisis status. This student is now permanently in my room instead of in the mainstream classroom. This means LOTS of extra work for me but here is what I've discovered. I really love being able to sort out the tangle of needs and feelings and environmental factors that all come together to be expressed in these behaviors. Today my little friend only needed one "break" during the morning. He worked steadily and was able to invite a friend to lunch with him. He smiled and it did my heart good.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

It just seems natural that a child who gets passed around all day would have a harder time than a child who can get help consistently from the same person. I think it will be a big help to the child, although it's a lot more work for you.