Thursday, September 11, 2008

Enrichment Meeting

Wow! This is my very first blog thanks to the Relief Society of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Here's what happened. I belong to this society. It is the oldest and largest women's organization on the earth. We meet regularly and every woman over the age of 18 is welcome! Our meeting tonight was a lesson in choosing lifelong learning and part of the agenda was to help us learn to journal through blogging. The beauty of this answer to personal journalling and writing a family history is that I can share it with others immediately and I can't lose the notebook!
You may, at this point be wondering what you are looking at in the picture. This is the 50 foot tall cowboy that stood outside my family's business for more than 60 years! When the business changed hands, the cowboy was purchased by the city of Wendover, Nevada and placed in this setting as a historical landmark. This is a piece of my childhood.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Congrats on starting your blog Jan! I think you'll enjoy it.

Andie said...

Jan, your blog looks great! You are a natural!